Deep Dish Taco Squares
I use Roma (plum) tomatoes because they're just the right diameter to fit nicely on the crust.
This casserole is mild-flavored and seems to go well with a crisp green salad. I sometimes serve this with tortilla chips and seasoned pinto beans.
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/2 lblean ground meat
8 ozsour cream
1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 smallonion, chopped
1/4 ccold water
1 or 2 mediumtomatoes, sliced (or use 3 or 4 roma tomatoes.)
1/2 cgreen pepper, chopped
How to Make Deep Dish Taco Squares
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking dish. Set aside.
- Cook ground meat in a skillet, breaking it up as you go. Drain well and set aside.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, mayonnaise, cheese, and onions together. Set aside to mellow.
- In another bowl, blend Bisquick and water with a fork until soft dough forms. Pat dough into prepared baking dish, pressing dough up the sides.
- Now layer cooked meat, tomatoes, and green pepper over the crust. Top with sour cream mixture, spreading evenly. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven about 25 to 30 minutes or until edges of crust are golden.