Deconstructed Steak Dinner
This salad has all those features with loads of flavor without all the fat and calories. It’s simple to make and easy to prepare using a few leftover ingredients from a steak dinner, or starting from scratch with a small bit of steak a few baby potatoes, a little bit of cheese and fresh greens.
- 4 oz
- roast beef or sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 3 small
- baby potatoes, cooked off and cut into quarters lengthwise
- grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 1/2 oz
- crumbled wisconsin smokey blue cheese
- 4 slice
- red onion rings - 1/8" thick
- 2 1/2 c
- mixed baby greens
- 2 Tbsp
- low-fat balsamic vinaigrette dressing
How to Make Deconstructed Steak Dinner
- 1Place cleaned baby greens onto center of the plate, scatter sliced tomatoes, quartered potatoes, and sliced steak strips. Crumble blue cheese over the top of the salad and place the sliced red onions across the top and drizzle with the Balsamic dressing.
- 2If you want to make this salad as a side salad then cut the ingredients in half, and if you want to make your own dressing then combine 1 cup Lite Olive Oil vinaigrette dressing with 2 tbsp honey and ¼ cup balsamic vinegar. Mix well and drizzle over salad.
- 3The Smokey Blue Cheese can be purchased from Emmi-Roth Kase @ rothkase.com. They also have a wonderfully creamy Bleu Cheese, called Buttermilk Bleu Affinée that can be substituted for the Smokey Blue. With over 600 delicious varieties from over 1200 cheese-makers across the state the selections seem endless.