Deconstructed Philly Cheese Steak
This recipe is my version of Deconstructed Philly Cheese Steak. What are the differences between this Deconstructed Philly Cheese Steak recipe and a Traditional Philly Cheese Steak Recipe? Well, for starters, traditional cheese steaks are served as a sandwich. In addition, they include onions, green bell pepper, and provolone cheese. My deconstructed recipe includes shallots, red pepper, and mozzarella. Enjoy!
2 Tbspolive oil
1/4 cthinly sliced shallots
1red pepper sliced in 4 thin rings
1/2 cthinly sliced mushroom caps
2 Tbspunsalted butter
1 tspshallots, minced
8 ozshaved beef steak
Dashfreshly ground pepper
Dashfreshly ground sea salt
1/2 cfresh mozzarella, grated
How to Make Deconstructed Philly Cheese Steak
- Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add sliced shallots and saute until opaque. Remove from saute pan, and place on a warmed plate.
- Add sliced red peper to saute pan and cook until soft and tender. Remove from saute pan and keep warm with shallots.
- Melt unsalted butter in same saute pan. Add sliced mushrooms and minced shallots. Saute until mushrooms are soft and tender. Remove from saute pan and keep warm.
- Sprinkle shaved beef with salt and pepper. Saute seasoned bee until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Grate Mozzarella cheese, and set aside.
- To assemble: Evenly distribute cooked shallots, red pepper and mushrooms over cooked beef. Sprinkle grated mozzarella evenly over ingredients. Place pan under broiler to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.