Deconstructed Philly Cheese Steak
This recipe is my version of Deconstructed Philly Cheese Steak. What are the differences between this Deconstructed Philly Cheese Steak recipe and a Traditional Philly Cheese Steak Recipe? Well, for starters, traditional cheese steaks are served as a sandwich. In addition, they include onions, green bell pepper, and provolone cheese. My deconstructed recipe includes shallots, red pepper, and mozzarella. Enjoy!
★★★★★ 1 vote5
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1/4 c
- thinly sliced shallots
- red pepper sliced in 4 thin rings
- 1/2 c
- thinly sliced mushroom caps
- 2 Tbsp
- unsalted butter
- 1 tsp
- shallots, minced
- 8 oz
- shaved beef steak
- freshly ground pepper
- freshly ground sea salt
- 1/2 c
- fresh mozzarella, grated
How to Make Deconstructed Philly Cheese Steak
- 1Heat olive oil in a medium saute pan. Add sliced shallots and saute until opaque. Remove from saute pan, and place on a warmed plate.
- 2Add sliced red peper to saute pan and cook until soft and tender. Remove from saute pan and keep warm with shallots.
- 3Melt unsalted butter in same saute pan. Add sliced mushrooms and minced shallots. Saute until mushrooms are soft and tender. Remove from saute pan and keep warm.
- 4Sprinkle shaved beef with salt and pepper. Saute seasoned bee until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- 5Grate Mozzarella cheese, and set aside.
- 6To assemble: Evenly distribute cooked shallots, red pepper and mushrooms over cooked beef. Sprinkle grated mozzarella evenly over ingredients. Place pan under broiler to melt the cheese.
- 7Serve immediately.