Cube Steak in Onion Gravy
- cube steak
- salt, black pepper, and garlic powder , to taste
- oil, to cover bottom of pan
- 2 -21/2 c
- 1 pkg
- dry onion soup mix
- enough flour and water mixed together to make a slurry
How to Make Cube Steak in Onion Gravy
- 1Brown cube steak in hot oil and season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- 2When steaks are well browned and slightly crusty on both sides, remove steaks from pan and add 2 -21/2 cups of water to hot pan and bring to boil scraping up the goodies on the bottom of the pan.
- 3Add dry soup mix to goodies scraped off bottom of pan, mix in well.
- 4Mix together in a lidded jar enough water and flour to make a slurry, shake well. (less water would make a paste).
- 5Pour slurry into pan with boiling onion water mixture and stir with fork to avoid lumps, as gravy thickens continue to stir constantly for 1 minute.
- 6Reduce heat to simmer, continue stirring and return steaks to gravy.
- 7Simmer meat covered until meat is tender.
- 8Great meal when served with fluffy rice and buttered broccoli spears.