Cube Steak & Gravy
How to Make Cube Steak & Gravy
- 1In a shallow bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper & garlic powder.
- 2Pour oil into skillet, turn eye on medium high, & allow oil to heat.
- 3Put onion slices in oil & allow to start frying.
- 4One piece at a time, dredge steak in flour mixture & place in skillet.
- 5Cover skillet with a lid.
- 6After about 4 minutes, turn steak, placing onions on top of steak.
- 7Fry steak until golden brown on both sides.
- 8Remove to a platter, lined with paper towels.
- 9To make gravy, make sure oil is coating the bottom of the skillet. (Add more if necessary)
- 10Turn up heat.
- 11Measure 2 1/2 cups milk in a bowl.
- 12Add 1/2 cup flour, 1/2 tsp pepper & 1/2 tsp salt to oil & stir until mixed well with onions.
- 13Slowly pour in the milk and stir until thickened.
- 14Remove from heat and serve with hot biscuits. **Flaky Sour Cream Biscuit recipe is posted