2 lbground beef
2garlic cloves, minced
10 ozcan mild enchilada sauce
8 ozcan tomato sauce
4 1/2 ozcan chopped black olives, drained
2 Tbspchili powder
1/2 tspground cumin
1 cyellow cornmeal
2 cshredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Crockpot Tamale Pie
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the ground beef, onion and garlic until the meat turns brown.
- Drain fat.
- Transfer to crock-pot.
- Stir in enchilada sauce, tomato sauce, olives, chili powder, salt, and cumin.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours on low or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- In a saucepan, bring the 2 cups of water to a boil and gradually stir in the cornmeal.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until thick.
- Drop the cornmeal by tablespoons onto the chili.
- Increase heat to high if cooking on low.
- Cover and cook 20 to 25 minutes.
- Sprinkle cornmeal with cheese and cook until cheese is melted.