I put it on in the afternoon and cook it until we get home. Usually, I will go home directly after the game and hubby will stick around to get the kids. That gives me a minute to get some mashed potatoes on, which is the perfect side for this.
1 largebeef brisket, trimmed
1 pkglipton onion soup mix or mushroom soup mix
1 largeonion, cut in 1 inch slices
1/2 tspblack pepper
4 to 6 cwater
1 tspcorn starch
1 dash(es)gravy master
How to Make Crockpot Brisket
- roll up or fold in half brisket and fit into oval crock pot
- add soup mix, onions,pepper, water and cinnimon
- mix cornstarch in a few tsps water, and pour into crock pot
- splash gravy master and push the brisket up and down a few times to mix it up.
- heat on high setting for about 8 hours or until falling apart on the fork. serve over mashed potatoes
- **for a super extra large brisket like the ones you find in Texas you can use 2 pks of onion soup mix