Crockin' Good Shredded Jalapeno Beef Roast
Diane Hopson Smith
So much you can do with this shredded meat! Use in a salad, fold up in a warm tortilla, make taco's, burrito's, enchiladas or make a gravy and serve over rice or mashed taters!
Make several different meals during the week and no one will be the wiser that you didn't slave in the kitchen all day.
Hope you enjoy and find many uses for this shredded roast.
inspired from Kittencalskitchen on food.com
- 3-lb chuck roast (mine was 3.11 lbs)
- 3 tsp
- minced garlic (i used the jarred garlic)
- 1 medium
- onion, sliced thin
- 3 Tbsp
- chili powder
- 2 tsp
- 1 tsp
- dried oregano, mexican variety preferrably
- salt and pepper to taste
- (4-oz) can diced jalapeno peppers, with juice
- (14.4-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 2 c
- beef broth
How to Make Crockin' Good Shredded Jalapeno Beef Roast
- 1Place roast in bottom of slow cooker. Add garlic, onion and spices to top of roast.
- 3Set on low and slow cook for 8 hours.
- 4Allow roast to cool to lukewarm about 20 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and shredd using 2 forks.
- 5Fold up in a soft tortilla, use in tacos, burrito's, enchiladas, beef sammies, salads, or, make a gravy and serve over rice, pasta or potatoes.
- 6A nice breakfast dish. Creamy Cheesy grits, shredded roast, fried egg, crumbled bacon and leftover sauce from this wonderful recipe:
Mr Pete's Southern Shrimp and Cheesy Grits
Recipe for grits also in same link
- 7Serve over rice topped with a mushroom gravy.
I added sauteed onions and peppers to the shredded meat and heated in skillet over medium heat until good and warm. I made gravy using McCormicks "Au Jus Gravy" mix, adding 3 talblespoon all-purpose flour to mix and 3 cups of water (directions on back of mix).