Crock Pot Tacos
- 2 lb
- ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped and cooked a bit with the meat
- 1 pkg
- taco seasoning mix
- 1 can(s)
- rotel tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 can(s)
- refried beans
- 1 c
- lettuce, shredded
- tomato, chopped
- 1/2 c
- onion, chopped (optional)
- jalapeno or serrano pepper, chopped (optional)
- 1 c
- cheddar cheese, grated (you can also use monterrey jack, or jalapeno jack)
- flour tortillas (you can use corn tortillas if you prefer, or a combination of both!)
- salsa and/or sour cream (optional)
How to Make Crock Pot Tacos
- 1Add hamburger meat to a skillet with 1/2 cup of chopped onion. When browned, drain off the fat, and add to crock pot.
- 2Add one package of taco seasoning mix to the crock pot.
- 3Add one can of Rotel tomatoes, drained to the crock pot.
- 4Add 1/2 can of refried beans to the crock pot. (Sometimes I will use the whole can, it is a matter of taste. The more refried beans you add, the looser the consistency.)
- 5Stir well, cover and cook on low until warmed through. You can keep the mixture in the crock pot, warm and ready to eat for 3-4 hours.
- 6Warm both sides of each flour tortillas on the stove burner. Only leave the tortilla on the burner for 10-15 seconds, and then turn over. You can use a skillet to warm them as well, but I have always used the burner method. You can warm the tortillas ahead of time and keep in a warmer for an hour or less. But they are best when warmed right before eating.
- 7Add about 1/2 cup of meat mixture to your tortilla, and top with lettuce, tomatoes, onion, peppers, grated cheese, salsa and sour cream as desired.