Crock Pot Savory Steak & Rice
- 1 lb
- beef top round steak, boneless, cut thin
- 1/4 c
- mustard, spicy brown (grainy is good too)
- 1/4 c
- steak sauce of your choice (i used a-1)
- 1/2 c
- dry white wine (i used chardonnay)
- 1 c
- beef broth
- 3 c
- white or brown rice, cooked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooking spray
How to Make Crock Pot Savory Steak & Rice
- 1Spray crock pot with cooking spray halfway up the sides.
- 2Mix mustard and steak sauce in small bowl (I used a teacup!). Slather this mixture over both sides of steak, coating well. Place in bottom of crock pot. Pour wine and broth around steak (not over it). Drizzle remaining mustard mixture over the wine and broth. Turn on low and cook 3.5 - 4 hours. Steak will be fork-tender.
- 3About 20 minutes before end of cooking time, you can prepare your white rice (45 minutes before if serving brown rice). Halfway through the rice cooking time, remove steak from crock pot to platter and keep warm. Mix cornstarch with water, just enough to dissolve it. Drizzle the cornstarch mixture into the wine/broth/mustard mixture in the bottom of the crock pot and cook on high until desired consistency. You may have to prepare more cornstarch to achieve this.
- 4When gravy is ready, add salt and pepper, to taste. Return steak to gravy while you plate the rice. Then plate the steak and serve with rice and gravy. Enjoy!
- 5NOTE: For those of you that don't cook with wine, you can substitute 1/4 cup beef broth and 3 Tbsp each of lemon juice and balsamic vinegar.