The roast is so tender it will melt in your mouth. It's a great dinner to come home to on a cold winter day. Serve with some steamed green beans or a fresh garden salad and a dinner roll and it's PERFECT!
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1 largeonion, cut into wedges
3 lbboneless top round or rump roast
3carrots, peeled and sliced
3 mediumwhite potatoes, cubed
2envelopes onion soup mix
2 Tbspcorn starch
How to Make Crock-Pot Roast
- Heat butter and vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and beef. Brown beef on all sides.
- Transfer beef and onions to crock-pot.
- Arrange carrots, potatoes and bay leaves around the beef.
- Sprinkle with salt.
- In large measuring cup or bowl, combine soup mix with 3 cups boiling water, stirring until smooth.
- Pour soup mixture over beef and vegetables in crock-pot.
- Cover and cook on High until the meat is very tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
- In medium sauce pan, combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water; stir to form a paste.
- Add 2 cups hot liquid from crock-pot and bring to a boil, stirring, until the gravy has thickened.
- Slice beef and serve with vegetables and gravy.