The roast is so tender it will melt in your mouth. It's a great dinner to come home to on a cold winter day. Serve with some steamed green beans or a fresh garden salad and a dinner roll and it's PERFECT!
- 2 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- onion, cut into wedges
- 3 lb
- boneless top round or rump roast
- carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 medium
- white potatoes, cubed
- bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp
- envelopes onion soup mix
- 2 Tbsp
- corn starch
How to Make Crock-Pot Roast
- 1Heat butter and vegetable oil in a large skillet.
- 2Add onion and beef. Brown beef on all sides.
- 3Transfer beef and onions to crock-pot.
- 4Arrange carrots, potatoes and bay leaves around the beef.
- 5Sprinkle with salt.
- 6In large measuring cup or bowl, combine soup mix with 3 cups boiling water, stirring until smooth.
- 7Pour soup mixture over beef and vegetables in crock-pot.
- 8Cover and cook on High until the meat is very tender, about 3 1/2 hours.
- 9In medium sauce pan, combine cornstarch and 2 teaspoons water; stir to form a paste.
- 10Add 2 cups hot liquid from crock-pot and bring to a boil, stirring, until the gravy has thickened.
- 11Slice beef and serve with vegetables and gravy.