Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
Blue Ribbon Recipe
A Crock Pot can be your best friend on a busy day. This couldn't be any easier to prepare and when complete it's one filling meal. It's always fun to dip a sandwich, and this au jus is so flavorful! Plus, your kitchen will smell fab while this is cooking. The Test Kitchen
1 can(s)beef broth
1 1/2 lbbeef round steak
1 pkgdry Italian salad dressing mix (like good seasons)
1green pepper, sliced
1sweet onion, sliced
1 pkgfresh mushrooms, sliced
1French bread loaf
6 sliceprovolone cheese
How to Make Crock Pot French Dip Sandwiches
- Slice steak into four pieces. Add to Crock Pot.
- In a bowl combine Italian seasoning salad dressing mix and beef broth. Stir until well blended.
- Add sliced onions, green pepper and mushrooms to Crock Pot. Pour beef broth mixture over steak and vegetables. Cook on high for 4 hours.
- When the filling for the French Dip sandwiches is done, preheat oven to 400.
- Slice French bread into six sandwich-sized pieces. Place on baking sheet and heat until just crisp. Remove from oven.
- Strain liquid from the Crock Pot, reserving it for dipping your sandwiches.
- Shred the beef and then place steak/vegetable mixture onto the bottoms of your sliced pieces of French bread.
- Top with provolone cheese. Pop back into the oven just until cheese is nice and melted. Top with other bread slices, dip and enjoy!!