Crock Pot: French Dip / Philly...
Blue Ribbon Recipe
This beef is so very tender, and the seasoning make this absolutely delectable! I used "just a pinch" of each of the listed spices... but season to your taste. Next time I may try caramelizing the onions and green pepper to add even MORE flavor to the sandwich. Yum!! The Test Kitchen
- seasoning salt
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- emeril's essentials...
- 1 pkg
- lipton onion soup mix
- 2 box
- 48 oz beef broth
- roast (use a good cut) shoulder 3+ lbs.
- 16 oz
- beer of choice
- good french bread...enough for 6-8 sandwiches
- 1 medium
- 1 small
- bell pepper
- swiss cheese
SORRY FOLKS I DON'T MEASURE...
How to Make Crock Pot: French Dip / Philly...
- 1Now I have an oval crock pot...not sure of the size so you will have to judge if you have a smaller one.
- 2Put roast in crock pot...use a good coat of all the seasonings listed.
Add lipton onion soup mix...
Add a beer (I use a Bud)*** can use 2 if you like.
Add 2 boxes of beef broth
***roast should be covered completely.
Turn crock pot on low/med and go to work.
Cook 4-6 hrs till falling apart. Could be longer according to how your crock cooks.
- 3Now I shred mine with a fork...Get a chunk to fill sandwich and shred. If you like bread can be toasted...use juice for a dip. YUM!
Now this is the way I prefer...
I get my chunk shredded then slice onion and bell pepper very very thin. Use some juice and saute on stove...add swiss cheese and toast then use juice to dip...EVEN MORE YUM!!!