Crock Pot Carne Guisada (Mexican Beef Stew)
3 lbbeef stew meat
2 can(s)diced tomatoes with green chilies, (rotel) medium or hot
1 Tbspchopped garlic
1 largeonion, chopped
2 largepotatoes, peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
3 Tbspall purpose flour
1/2 tspmexican oregano
1 tspground cumin
1 tspchili powder
1 tspsalt, or to taste
1 tspground black pepper, or to taste
How to Make Crock Pot Carne Guisada (Mexican Beef Stew)
- Place stew meat, 1/2 cup water, salt and pepper in crock pot.
- Drain juice from tomatoes into measuring cup.
- Add tomatoes, garlic, onions and potatoes to crock pot.
- Combine juice from tomatoes and enough water to equal 2 cups liquid. Add cumin, oregano, and chili powder and flour into tomato juice mixture and mix well. Add to crock pot.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on LOW for 6 - 7 hours until sauce is thickened and meat and veggies are tender.
- Great served with warm flour tortillas.