Crispy Beef In Chili Sauce1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbbeef steak
1 Tbspsoy sauce, light
2 tsprice wine
1 tspsesame oil
1 1/2 Tbspoil
3 Tbspgarlic cloves, very thinly sliced
1 tspcornstarch mixed with 1 teaspoon of water
How to Make Crispy Beef In Chili Sauce
- Place the meat in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until it is firm to the touch.
- Cut it into slices against the grain, then finely shred the slices.
- Combine the meat with the marinade and mix very well.
- Soak the dried chiles in warm water.
- When they are soft and pliable, cut them in half.
- Heat a wok or large skillet until it is hot.
- Add the 2 cups of oil and when it is very hot and almost smoking, deep-fry the beef in 2 batches.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and drain the meat in a colander.
- Heat a small saucepan and when it is hot, add the 1 1/2 tablespoons oil, garlic and chilies and stir-fry for 20 seconds.
- Then add the rest of the sauce ingredients and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Keep warm.
- Reheat the oil in the wok until it is very hot.
- Deep-fry the beef again until it is very crisp, about 1 minute.
- Remove the beef with a slotted spoon, drain on paper towels and place on a warm platter.
- Gently toss the beef with the sauce and serve immediately.
- Serves 4 as part of a Chinese meal, or 2 as a single dish.