Creamy Fiesta Pepper Steak by Maggie
This one is super simple and only takes a few minutes to prepare.
Super tasty as is but feel free to add some personal touches to it. Make it spicy with the addition of some hot peppers, include some extra vegies, serve it on a tortilla, rolled and baked into a taquito, in a bun like a hoagie, over rice or just grab a fork and dig in !
We enjoy this simple dish and wanted to share it with you.
2 Tbspbutter - divided in half
1 lbsteak of your choice cut into thin strips
·salt and pepper to taste
1 csliced fresh mushrooms
1green bell pepper
1red bell pepper
3/4 cthinly sliced yellow onion
2 Tbsptaco seasoning mix
1/2 - 1 cchicken broth
·sour cream for garnish
·taco or hot sauce
How to Make Creamy Fiesta Pepper Steak by Maggie
- In large pot melt 1 Tbsp butter.
Add the mushrooms and cook for 2-3 minutes stirring frequently.
- Add the bell peppers and onions and continue cooking until the peppers and onions are tender.
Remove the vegies from pot and keep warm
- Add the last Tbsp of butter into the pot and melt on medium high.
Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper to taste then toss the meat strips into the hot pot and stir quickly while cooking until just barely done.
- Return the cooked vegies to the pot and sprinkle the taco seasoning over all and stir.
Add the Velveeta and stir until it is melted.
- At this point you will begin to add your chicken broth a little at a time until you get the desired thickness for your sauce.
If you don't need a "sauce" use it without the broth .. the choice is yours.
- Serve hot over rice or in a tortilla just as it is or top with a dollop of sour cream and a dash or 2 of taco sauce or hot sauce !