Creamed Ground Beef Over Mashed Potatoes
How to Make Creamed Ground Beef Over Mashed Potatoes
- 1Put the onions, garlic, and ground beef in a large skillet.
- 2Cook until ground beef is no longer pink.
- 3Drain excess fat, then add salt and peppers.
- 4Remove to a separate bowl.
- 5Melt butter in the skillet.
- 6Add flour, salt and pepper.
- 7Cook, stirring constantly over low heat for about two minutes.
- 8Do not allow to burn.
- 9Gradually add milk, stirring constantly after each addition and allowing to boil before adding more.
- 10This results in a smooth sauce.
- 11When all milk has been added, continue to stir constantly and bring to a boil.
- 12Allow to boil for one minute or until sauce is thick, continuing to stir.
- 13Remove from heat and stir into beef mixture.
- 14Prepare mashed potatoes: Place potatoes in a pot with enough water to cover by about 1/2 inch.
- 15Cook until potatoes are tender.
- 16Pour off cooking water (or save for a terrific addition to breads).
- 17Add butter and milk (or cream).
- 18Mash to desired consistency.
- 19Serve ground beef mixture spooned over the mashed potatoes.
- 20Variations: Add one teaspoon of your favorite spice blend to make a new and exciting variation.
- 21You can eliminate the cayenne pepper if you don't like spicy hot foods.
- 22If you do, then please add more!
You May Also Like:
Show 19 Comments & Reviews