Cranberry Pot Roast
With autumn and cooler weather right around the corner, this simple recipe will warm you up and have your house smelling delicious. Its excellelnt served with rice, mashed potatoes or even on warm from the oven buns.
Recipe courtesy of allrecipes.
- 3 c
- beef broth
- 1 c
- 2 can(s)
- 14.5~ oz cranberry sauce (1 can may be enough)
- 4 lb
- beef chuck roast
- salt and ground pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp
- all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 large
- sweet onion, chopped (could use pkg. of lipton onion soup)
ALSO GOING TO POST A RECIPE FOR PORK ROAST W/CRANBERRY/ORANGE PEEL & HONEY
How to Make Cranberry Pot Roast
- 1Bring the beef broth and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Stir in cranberry sauce until dissolved. Pour the sauce into slow cooker set to High.
- 2Meanwhile, season the beef roast with salt and pepper, then sprinkle evenly with flour. Heat the vegtable oil in large skillet over medium heat. Cook the roast in the hot oil until brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer the roast to the slow cooker along with the chopped onion.
- 3Cook until the roast easily pulls apart with a fork, about 4 hours.