Cowboy's Beef Pie
4refrigerator pie crusts
1/2 tspblack pepper
1 1/2 lbboneless beef chuck, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
1/3 cchopped onion
1/3 cchopped celery
3 Tbspbacon grease or butter
1/2 cred wine
1/2 tsptabasco sauce
1 tspworcestershire sauce
1 1/2 ccanned sliced carrots
1 1/2 cfrozen corn
1 1/2 cfrozen green beans
1 1/2 cfrozen peas
1 1/2 cdiced potatoes
How to Make Cowboy's Beef Pie
- Set pie crusts out to come to room temperature.
Chop onion and celery.
- Combine flour, salt paprika and black pepper; coat meat with seasoned flour, reserving excess flour mixture.
- In a large deep skillet brown meat, onions and celery in bacon grease.
- Stir in remaining flour mixture. Add wine, broth, bay leaves, Tabasco sauce and Worcestershire sauce, stirring until mixture boils.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer about 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; discard bay leaves.
Stir in vegetables.
- Create two large pie crust by combining 2 pie crust together. Leaving you with two balls of pie crust crust.
- Roll one pie crust ball to fit 9x13x2-inch baking dish.
Line dish leaving 1/2-inch overhang.
- Pour meat mixture into pastry lined pan.
- Roll remaining pie crust to fit top of baking dish.
- Moisten edge of bottom crust; pinch crust together to seal. Trim, cut vents and tuck into inner edges of dish.
- Bake in a 450° oven for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 350° and bake 30 minutes or until crust is browned and filling is hot.