By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4" thick
- 10 oz
- prepared pizza dough
- 1 lb
- lean ground beef
- 1 c
- barbecue sauce, bottle
- 1 small
- green bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 c
- shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Cowboy Pizza
- 1Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2Place potatoes in shallow 1 1/2 to 2 quart microwave-safe dish.
- 3Cover with plastic wrap, venting one corner.
- 4Microwave on high 8 to 10 minutes until just tender; set aside.
- 5Coat 12-inch round pizza pan with vegetable cooking spray; press dough evenly into pan; prick all over with fork.
- 6Bake for 10 minutes; set aside.
- 7Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet over medium heat saute beef until browned; drain fat.
- 8Mix in 3/4 cup barbecue sauce.
- 9To assemble pizza, spread beef mixture over crust; top evenly with potatoes and bell pepper.
- 10Drizzle with remaining 1/4 cup barbecue sauce.
- 11Sprinkle with cheese.
- 12Bake 10 to 15 minutes until hot throughout and cheese is melted.
- 13Cut into 8 wedges.
- 14NOTE: Microwave cooking times are based on a 700-watt microwave.
- 15Adjust cooking times to your own oven.