1 lbground beef
1 can(s)16 oz. baked beans
1/2 cbarbeque sauce, use your favorite
2 coriginal bisquick mix
1 Tbspbutter, softened
1/2 ccheddar cheese, shredded
How to Make Cowboy Casserole
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. In 10 inch skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, until thoroughly cooked. Drain.
- Stir beans and barbeque sauce into beef. Heat to boiling and pour into ungreased 2 qt. casserole.
- In separate medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and butter until soft dough forms.
- Drop by 12 spoonfuls onto beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 18 to 22 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake about 3 minutes longer until cheese is melted.
- Bread topping option: I have used Pillsbury biscuits with great success when I've found not enough Bisquick mix in my pantry.