Couscous Rolled Meatloaf
1 lbground sirloin
1/4 citalian flavored breadcrumbs
1 tspgranulated garlic
1 tspworcestershire sauce
·salt and pepper to taste
1/2 boxplain or flavored couscous
1/2 cparmesan cheese
1/2 cfresh mushrooms chopped fine
1/2 cfrozen chopped spinach
1/2 citalian herb and cheese cooking creme
How to Make Couscous Rolled Meatloaf
- Clean and chop mushrooms.
- Measure out ½ c frozen chopped spinach
- Make the couscous according to package directions – takes about 8 minutes
- Mix the couscous, parmesan cheese, mushrooms and spinach together and set aside
- Mix the ground beef with the egg, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic and worshire sauce using your hands.
- Spread a piece of waxed paper on cookie sheet.
Spread the meat mixture in a rectangle about 9 x 13 on the waxed paper. Press it until it is thin and even
- Put the filling on the meat mixture, spreading it around about ½ inch from the edges. Spread filling thinly.
- Roll the meatloaf now using the waxed paper to pull up the short end of the loaf and fold it on itself to make a “jellyroll”.
- Roll the meatloaf off the paper and remove the waxed paper from pan.
- Spread the top with Philadelphia Italian Herb and Cheese cooking crème or use your favorite topping for meatloaf.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for about 45 minutes
Let meatloaf rest about 15-20 minutes before slicing.