Country Salisbury Steak with Onion Gravy By Freda
- 1 1/2 lb
- ground beef
- 1 can(s)
- (10 1/2 oz) condensed onion soup
- 1/2 c
- fine dry bread crumbs or cracker crumbs
- egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp
- ea. salt & pepper
- 1/2 c
- chopped onions & bell pepper ( optional)
- tip: additional: (1 lg) onion sliced or 1 cup sliced mushrooms, can be added when browning patties, or saute in seperate pan, (optional) then add to your gravy
- 2 Tbsp
- all purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup
- 1 tsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp
- prpared mustard
- 1/2 C
- cream or (broth or water)
DOWN HOME COUNTRY SALISBURY STEAK WITH ONION GRAVY
How to Make Country Salisbury Steak with Onion Gravy By Freda
- 1In a Bowl,
Combine 1/3 Cup of the Soup with the Ground Beef,
Crumbs, Egg, Salt and Pepper,
(Onions and Bell Pepper is Optional)
- 2Shape into Patties . . should make 6 patties.
- 3In SKillet, over Med. High Heat, Brown Patties, about 8 minutes till browned on both sides.
(add the optional Onions if Desired while Browning patties.) . . . Pour off Fat.
only if More than 2 Tbs of fat.
- 4Grdually blend the Remaining Ingredients; in the Skillet, stir to Loosen the Browned Bits off the Bottom of the Skillet.
(including additional Optional Sliced Onions,& Mushrooms, if desired)
Gravy will thicken as it cooks. if too thick add more Broth, or Cream.
Cover; COOK over Low Heat for about 20 Minutes.
Makes 6 Servings and its own ONION Gravy.
Serve Over Mashed taters, or Rice, with Your favorite Salad or Vegie.
Our Family favorite any night of the Week..
Down Home Country Comfort meal,
With items found in most all our Kitchens. ENJOY