★★★★★ 1 vote5
1/4 call purpose flour
1/4 tspblack pepper
3/4 cplain bread crumbs
1 cvegetable or canola oil
2 Tbspall purpose flour
How to Make Country Fried Steak
- In a 1 gallon ziploc type bag pour in flour, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a bowl mix together egg and 1/4 cup milk. Set aside.
- In another gallon ziploc type bag put in bread crumbs.
- Put oil in frying pan or elctric skillet over medium heat.
- Take one cubed steak and put it in the flour bag. Close and shake until thoroughly coated.
- Take that steak and then dip it into milk mix bowl until all the steak is wet.
- Now take that and drop it in the bread crumb bag. Close bag and shake until thoroughly coated.
- Remove from bag and place into frying pan. Repeat with remaining steaks and fry them for 8 - 10 minutes turning half way through.
- Remove from oil and place on a plate covered with paper towels. place paper towels over the top of them to absorb excess oil.
- Drain all but 2 tablespoons from pan. Stir in 2 tablespoons of flour and brown. Add 2 cups milk and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until thickens.
- Place meat on plate, drizzle with gravy and serve with mashed potaotes.