Country Fried Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 lb
- round steak
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp
- 2 Tbsp
- canola oil
- 2 Tbsp
- 2 c
How to Make Country Fried Steak
- 1Trim visible fat from meat and cut into 4 equal serving pieces.
- 2Pound steak with a mallet to tenderize it..
- 3Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow, wide bowl and dredge each piece of meat in it, coating well on both sides.
- 4Heat grease or oil until hot but not smoking in a heavy, wide skillet with a lid. Brown the meat pieces on both sides, turn heat down a bit, cover and let steak fry like chicken for 15 to 20 minutes, until done.
- 5Remove cover and let steak crisp for about 5 minutes.
- 6Take steak from the pan and drain.
- 7Leave about 2 tablespoons of drippings and all the browned flecks of crust in the pan.
- 8Turn the heat a bit lower, sprinkle flour into the drippings and stir to keep from lumping while it browns.
- 9Slowly add milk, stirring.Let it cook until thick, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- 10Taste and add seasoning, if needed. Serve gravy on the side.