Country Fried Steak1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 lbround steak
2 Tbspcanola oil
How to Make Country Fried Steak
- Trim visible fat from meat and cut into 4 equal serving pieces.
- Pound steak with a mallet to tenderize it..
- Mix flour, salt and pepper in a shallow, wide bowl and dredge each piece of meat in it, coating well on both sides.
- Heat grease or oil until hot but not smoking in a heavy, wide skillet with a lid. Brown the meat pieces on both sides, turn heat down a bit, cover and let steak fry like chicken for 15 to 20 minutes, until done.
- Remove cover and let steak crisp for about 5 minutes.
- Take steak from the pan and drain.
- Leave about 2 tablespoons of drippings and all the browned flecks of crust in the pan.
- Turn the heat a bit lower, sprinkle flour into the drippings and stir to keep from lumping while it browns.
- Slowly add milk, stirring.Let it cook until thick, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Taste and add seasoning, if needed. Serve gravy on the side.