Cottage Meat Loaf (oven version)
Rev BJ Friley
Good served with: Spinach salad, mashed potatoes, and buttered broccoli
★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lblean ground beef
1/2 ctomato ketchup
1/3 ctomato juice
1/2 tspeach salt and black pepper
1/8 tspred pepper
3/4 cfresh bread crumbs
1/4 cfinely chopped onions
2 tspprepared mustard
1/4 ctomato ketchup
1/2 tspprepared mustard
2 tspbrown sugar
·fresh herbs, for garnish
How to Make Cottage Meat Loaf (oven version)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large bowl, combine ketchup, tomato juice, salt, black and red peppers, eggs, bread crumbs, onions and mustard.
- Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Add ground beef.
- Mix gently but thoroughly.
- Line a 9 X 5-inch loaf pan with foil.
- Press in the beef mixture.
- In a separate bowl, combine the topping ingredients.
- Mix well.
- Spread topping over the meat loaf.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 35 to 45 minutes or until done.
- Drain off fat.
- Rest meat loaf for 5 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with herbs, if desired.