Corned Beef with Onions and Greens1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 lbcorned beef
2 Tbspolive oil
4 largeonions, sliced
14.5 ozbeef broth
12 ozdark beer
6garlic cloves, mashed
2.5 lbpotatoes, peeled and sliced
1mustard or collard greens bunch
How to Make Corned Beef with Onions and Greens
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Rinse corned beef under cold water to remove spices; pat dry.
- In a 6 quart dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add corned beef, fat side down, and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, 5-7 minutes.
- Remove to a cutting board and carve corned beef into 1/2 inch slices.
- In same pot, cook onions over medium heat, stirring occasionally until golden, 3-5 minutes.
- Add broth, beer, garlic and pepper.
- Layer corned beef slices and potato slices in onion/broth mixture.
- Cover and bake 2 1/2 hours.
- Add greens to pot.
- Cover and bake 15 minutes longer.