Corned Beef with Onions and Greens1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 3 lb
- corned beef
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 4 large
- onions, sliced
- 14.5 oz
- beef broth
- 12 oz
- dark beer
- garlic cloves, mashed
- 3/4 tsp
- 2.5 lb
- potatoes, peeled and sliced
- mustard or collard greens bunch
How to Make Corned Beef with Onions and Greens
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Rinse corned beef under cold water to remove spices; pat dry.
- 3In a 6 quart dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- 4Add corned beef, fat side down, and cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, 5-7 minutes.
- 5Remove to a cutting board and carve corned beef into 1/2 inch slices.
- 6In same pot, cook onions over medium heat, stirring occasionally until golden, 3-5 minutes.
- 7Add broth, beer, garlic and pepper.
- 8Layer corned beef slices and potato slices in onion/broth mixture.
- 9Cover and bake 2 1/2 hours.
- 10Add greens to pot.
- 11Cover and bake 15 minutes longer.