By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 Tbspvegetable oil
1finely chopped onion
2 cfresh cornbread crumbs
1 czucchini, coarsely shredded
2 lbground beef
1/2 cbread crumbs
2 largeegg whites
1 tspdried basil
1/4 tspcrushed dried red pepper
3/4 cfresh parsley, minced
How to Make Cornbread-Stuffed Meatloaf
- In large skillet, heat oil; add onion and saute until tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in cornbread crumbs and zucchini until well combined.
- Set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, combine beef, bread crumbs, egg whites, salt, basil and red pepper.
- Place beef mixture on greased sheet of aluminum foil; pat to 10" square.
- Heat oven to 350.
- Spread 1/2 cup parsley leaves over center third of meat square.
- Gather and lightly press cornbread mixture into a 10" log.
- Place over parsley-covered center of meat square.
- Using foil, bring ends of meat together and seal meat to enclose cornbread mixture.
- Press loaf firmly and place, seam side down on foil, in shallow baking pan.
- Cover top with foil.
- Bake 1 hour.
- Uncover loaf, spread tomato sauce on top and sides and bake 15 minutes longer.
- This is also good cold.