Contemporary Chopped Steak
- 4 oz. lean ground beef
- 3 tbsp. cooked brown rice (white rice works in a pinch)
- 5 tsp. minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil spray
- 1/2 cup thin sweet onion rings
- 1/3 cup grape juice
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
How to Make Contemporary Chopped Steak
- 1In medium bowl, mix beef, rice, 4 tsp. parsley and salt til well mixed. Form into a 1 inch thick oval patty. Season with pepper, pressing it into the patty on all sides.
- 2Put a small nonstick skillet over high heat. When hot, lightly mist skillet with spray and add patty. Cook for 2 to 4 minutes per side or til outside browns and inside is very slightly less done than desired. Put steak on plate and cover to keep warm.
- 3Reduce heat to medium and respray pan. Add onions and cook for about 5 minutes or til tender. Add grape juice and vinegar and return heat to high. Boil for 4 to 5 minutes or til only about 1/4 cup of the liquid remains.
Spoon onions and sauce over steak. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Serve at once. Serves 1