Connie's Country Fried Steak
How to Make Connie's Country Fried Steak
- Cut steak into 4 pieces
- Coat steaks with flour, salt and pepper. I usually put the salt, pepper and flour into a plastic bag, add steak to coat.
- Dip steak into egg
- Dip steak into flour (save remaining flour)
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat
- When oil is hot, add steak and brown on both sides
- Add water and onion
- Cover and simmer for one hour
- Drain excess fat from skillet
- Remove steak from skillet
- Add 1/4 cup seasoned flour mixed with milk
- Stir until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- Serve gravy over steak