Connie's Country Fried Steak
How to Make Connie's Country Fried Steak
- 1Cut steak into 4 pieces
- 2Coat steaks with flour, salt and pepper. I usually put the salt, pepper and flour into a plastic bag, add steak to coat.
- 3Dip steak into egg
- 4Dip steak into flour (save remaining flour)
- 5Heat oil in skillet over medium heat
- 6When oil is hot, add steak and brown on both sides
- 7Add water and onion
- 8Cover and simmer for one hour
- 9Drain excess fat from skillet
- 10Remove steak from skillet
- 11Add 1/4 cup seasoned flour mixed with milk
- 12Stir until mixture comes to a boil and thickens.
- 13Serve gravy over steak