Company Pot Roast1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
3 Tbspvegetable oil
3/4 cdry red wine
3/4 csour cream
2 Tbsplemon juice
4 lbbeef rump roast
2finely chopped garlic cloves
2onions, thinly sliced
1/2 tspdried thyme
How to Make Company Pot Roast
- Heat oven to 325.
- Heat oil in dutch oven.
- Brown roast in hot oil; remove roast.
- Mix wine, garlic, carrots, onions, sour cream, salt, pepper and thyme in dutch oven.
- Return roast to dutch oven.
- Cover and bake until roast in tender, about 3 1/2 hours, turning 2 or 3 times during baking.
- Remove roast and vegetables to heated platter; keep warm while preparing gravy.
- Skim fat off liquid.
- Shake water and flour in covered jar.
- Stir flour mixture slowly into liquid.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil and stir 1 minute.
- Stir in lemon juice; cook 1 minute.
- Slice roast thinly; serve with gravy.