Company Best Roast Beef
- 3-4 lb lb
- beef rump roast
- salt and pepper
- 2 Tbsp
- olive oil
- 1 large
- onion, chopped
- 1 c
- red wine
- 4 clove
- 2 c
- beef broth
- carrots, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 lb
- potatos, peeled and cut into 2 inch pieces
- 1/4 tsp
- dried thyme
- bay leaf
- 2 tsp
- or greek seasoning (instead of bay leave and thyme)
How to Make Company Best Roast Beef
- 1Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper all over. Heat olive oil in large dutch oven and brown seasoned roast on all sides. Remove roast to plate
- 2Add onions to pan and cook until translucent. Approx. five minutes.
- 3Add roast back to pan with any juices that may have accumulated on plate.
- 4Add wine and broth (I've used reconstituted bullion before, it works just fine) Add garlic and seasoning. (I have used Greek seasoning when I was out of bay leaves and thyme..it was fantastic. You could also probably use something like Old Bay but stay away from seasoned salt)
- 5Cover pan with and bake for about an hour and a half at 350. Roast should be nearly tender.
- 6Add carrots and potatoes to pan and bake for another hour or so until the vegetables are cooked through. Remove bay leaf, if used. Serve meat and vegetables with cooking liquid.
- 7Blush demurely at the applause and contented sighs.