Company Beef Oriental1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
1 1/2 lblean ground beef
1minced garlic clove
1/4 csoy sauce
1 tspbeef bouillon
6 ozchinese pea pods
5 ozwater chestnuts
5 ozbamboo shoots, sliced
11 ozmandarin oranges
How to Make Company Beef Oriental
- Use 1 5 ounce can of water chestnuts that have been drained and sliced.
- Drain the can of orange segments, but reserve the syrup for the recipe.
- Cook and stir the meat, onion and garlic in a large skillet until the meat is brown.
- Drain off the excess fat.
- Mix the soy sauce, cornstarch and molasses and stir this mixture into the meat mixture.
- Stir in the bouillon, water, pea pods, water chestnuts, drained, sliced bamboo shoots and reserved mandarin orange syrup and heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the orange segments, recover and heat for about 2 minutes.
- Serve over cooked rice with additional soy sauce.