- 1 lb
- ground beef
- 1 c
- mild salsa (or whatever strength you like)
- 1/2 c
- jarred spaghetti sauce ( i used tomato basil)
How to Make Colorado Sloppy Joes
- 1In a medium saucepan, begin browning ground beef.
- 2When beef begins to cook down, drain some of the grease off before the meat is cooked through.
- 3Add salsa, spaghetti sauce,and cook through until the meat is no longer pink and the flavors of the sauce are mixed in. (I continually stirred the meat and smashed it up into fine particles to incorporate the sauce.)
- 4Serve on buttered toasted buns with a healthy shredding of Marbled cheese on top of the meat, before placing top bun. Serve with bread and Butter pickle chips, and re-fried, or ranch style beans. Great with coleslaw, too (even on the Joe).