Cin's Beef Pot Roast
Yes, I used a Beef roast instead.
I went/hurried right out to the store and bought a beef roast, a few carrots, some new potatoes, along with some celery.
Also had to get the cream of mushroom soup and lipton onion soup mix she'd suggested (but I got garlic roasted cream of mushroom soup instead of plain).
Then came home and put it all in my crockpot.
"My way and my Photos"
1beef roast (size depending on how many you are feeding)
1pkt. lipton onion soup mix
1can cream of mushroom soup w/garlic roasted mushrooms
3/4can of water (use the soup can, you can rince out all remaining soup that way
1lg. bay leaf
·*carrots, amount depends on how many you need... wash, cut to desired size and peel (or not)
·*celery, wash cut in lg. chunks
·*new potatoes, amount depends on how many you need... wash & quarter (i did not peel them)
·*a sm. white onion... wash, peel and quarter
How to Make Cin's Beef Pot Roast
- I salted, peppered and browned the roast first in a skillet.
Then started it in the crockpot w/the mushroom soup (plus 3/4 can of water), 1-pkt lipton onion soup mix and stuck in a bay leaf.
Started this on the High heat setting.
- After it was in about an hour, I put in the carrots an celery, turned the heat down to medium.
- Then 4 hours later, I added the potatoes and onion, lowered the heat to low.
- Left it on allllll night, the gravy is so thick and the house smelled out of this world all night long.
- This morning I removed it from the crockpot and put it all into a large casserole dish, let it cool off, and set it in the refrig.
I will warm it up later to serve.
- Sandy......Thanks for the reminder, I needed a Pot Roast fix w/all the trimmings and....this one was such an EZ one to make!!!
- P.S Today we had some of it for an early lunch....delicious. There was enough left to share a portion w/my Step Mom, and still have leftovers for us (for a couple of days).
My Hubby wants me to make my 'Beer Bread' to go with it for dinner this evening.
Maybe some thick wide noodles to pour that great gravy over. It made a lot of juice/gravy.
Maybe tomorrow we will have open-face sammies on the 'Beer Bread'...smash the potatoes and put on top, then drown it in the delicious gravy it made.