Cindi's Slow Cooker Lasagna
Cindi M Bauer
1 lbground beef
1 mediumsize onion, finely chopped
2 tspminced garlic (i used minced garlic from a jar.)
·ground black pepper, sprinkle on desired amount
24 ozjar prego roasted garlic & herb italian sauce
2 Tbspof water (i use this to rinsed out the jar of prego italian sauce.)
1 (6 oz.) can(s)tomato paste
12 ozsmall curd cottage cheese (which has 4% milk fat)
1/3 csour cream
1/2 ckraft grated parmesan cheese
2 cshredded mozzarella cheese (reserve a 1/2 cup)
9 Lasagnanoodles (uncooked)
How to Make Cindi's Slow Cooker Lasagna
- In a 12-inch skillet, cook the ground beef, onion, and garlic, until the meat is no longer pink; drain off the fat.
- Now add the salt, Mrs. Dash Salt Free Seasoning, black pepper, spaghetti sauce and tomato paste. (After I added the spaghetti sauce, I then put 2 Tablespoons of water inside the empty jar. Placed the lid back on the jar, then shook it up a bit, before adding it back to the skillet.) Cook until heated through.
- In a medium size bowl, mix together, the cottage cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, and the 1-1/2 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese. Cheese mixture will be thick.
- Be sure to reserve 1/2 cup of the shredded mozzarella cheese, to sprinkling on top the final layer of meat sauce.
- Grease the inside of a 6-quart rectangular slow cooker. (I used a cooking spray to coat the inside of the slow cooker.)
- Spoon 1/4 of the meat sauce in the bottom of a slow cooker.
- Arrange 3 (uncooked) lasagna noodles over the meat sauce.
- Spoon 1/3 of the cheese mixture over the uncooked Lasagna noodles.
- Repeat layers twice, with meat sauce, Lasagna noodles, and the cheese mixture.
- Top with remaining meat sauce.
- Sprinkle the reserved 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on top.
- Cover, and cook on low setting (Number 3) for 4 hours.
- Let the Lasagna sit while it's still in the slow cooker, for 15 minutes, before slicing, and serving onto your plate.
- Yields: 8 servings.