Cinco de Mayo Enchiladas
3 cleft over grilled beef
1 bunchfresh cilantro
2 1/2 cshredded cheese--divided
·chili garlic paste
1/2 cwine or broth
·cotija cheese for topping
How to Make Cinco de Mayo Enchiladas
- Slice the leftover meat into this strips and mix with 2 cups of the cheese. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler and line pan with olive oil brushed foil. Put sliced peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes and half of the onion on the foil and broil until soft and slightly browned. About 5 minutes.
- Put browned veggies and liquid in a food processor along with the broth or wine. Process until smooth. You can add a little salt and sugar and the chili paste to taste.
- Wrap unpackaged tortillas in a kitchen towel and microwave on high for 1 minute.
- Grease bottom of a 13x9 baking dish with olive oil. Take a tortilla and add some beef strips, cheese and some cilantro to it and roll tightly. Place seam side down in the baking dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas.
- Dribble olive oil over rolls and bake about 5 minutes to get the insides hot. Then broil for 3-4 minutes to crisp. Watch carefully!
- Sprinkle and remaining meat/cheese mixture on top. Then pour over the sauce and spread a bit to cover. Sprinkle with Cojita cheese. Broil again until cheese is browned. (3 minutes)
- Serve with salsa if desired. Enjoy!