Ciao Bella Taco Casserole
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
- 2 lb
- ground beef or turkey
- 1 medium
- finely chopped onion
- 2 bottle
- (8 oz) taco sauce
- 1 1/2 c
- 2 can(s)
- (4 oz) fire roasted diced green chilis
- 2 pkg
- (1.25 oz) reduced sodium taco seasoning mix
- 2 pkg
- (12 count) taco shells,broken, divided
- 4 c
- shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and sour cream for toppings
How to Make Ciao Bella Taco Casserole
- 1Cook beef or turkey in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- 2Stir in taco sauce, water, chiles and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 3Grease a 9" X 13" baking dish. Layer half of the broken taco shells on the bottom of dish. Cover with half the meat mixture, sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- 4Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with toppings. Enjoy!
- 5Recipe can be cut in half. Use a 11" X 7" baking dish and reduce cooking time to 20-25 minutes.