Ciao Bella Taco Casserole
Anna Sciancalepore Antoniello
2 lbground beef or turkey
1 mediumfinely chopped onion
2 bottle(8 oz) taco sauce
1 1/2 cwater
2 can(s)(4 oz) fire roasted diced green chilis
2 pkg(1.25 oz) reduced sodium taco seasoning mix
2 pkg(12 count) taco shells,broken, divided
4 cshredded cheddar cheese, divided
·shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa, and sour cream for toppings
How to Make Ciao Bella Taco Casserole
- Cook beef or turkey in a large skillet until no longer pink. Drain excess fat.
- Stir in taco sauce, water, chiles and seasoning mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Grease a 9" X 13" baking dish. Layer half of the broken taco shells on the bottom of dish. Cover with half the meat mixture, sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers with remaining ingredients.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with toppings. Enjoy!
- Recipe can be cut in half. Use a 11" X 7" baking dish and reduce cooking time to 20-25 minutes.