Chuck Roast with onion mushroom gravy
It's a family favorite and I usually serve it with mash potatoes and green peas although occasionally I will substitute rice for the potatoes. It's the kind of recipe you can put together, put it in the oven and go watch the ball game.
- 4 lb
- beef chuck roast (other cuts of beef do not work as well)
- 1 pkg
- (1 envelope) lipton dry onion soup mix
- 1 can(s)
- campbell's cream of mushroom soup
- 2 Tbsp
- a-1 steak sauce (or your favorite steak sauce)
How to Make Chuck Roast with onion mushroom gravy
- 1Line a 9X13 pan with enough heavy duty aluminum foil to cover the bottom and wrap completely around the roast. Place the roast in the center of the foil and spread steak sauce over the top.
- 2Sprinkle dry onion soup mix over top of roast and pour the can of mushroom soup over it.
- 3Wrap the foil over entire roast and seal tightly. place in preheated 350 degree oven for 4 hours (don't peek).
Remove from oven and let stand for 10 minutes before opening and be careful of escaping steam.
This recipe can be increased to serve more people and you can experiment with Beefy dry onion soup, Beefy mushroom soup, etc.