- link chorizo sausage (mild)
- 1 1/4 lb
- ground beef
- 3 Tbsp
- garlic powder
- 2 Tbsp
- kenneth lawry beef and oxtail seasoning (optional; if you don't have it, use 2 smashed beef bullion cubes)
- 3 Tbsp
- 1 Tbsp
- 1/4 tsp
- cayenne pepper
- baby carrots, finley chopped
- red onion, finley diced
- zucchini, peeled and finely chopped
- yellow squash, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 pkg
- ritz crackers (not the box, just one wrapped package)
- 2 c
How to Make Chorizo Meatloaf
- 1Remove chorizo from casing.
- 2Mix all ingredients (EXCEPT for crackers and milk) in big mixing bowl. Mix well and store in fridge overnight.
- 3Next day, take meat out and let come to room temp for about 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 375•
- 4In another bowl, crush crackers with potato masher. Boil milk and pour over crackers. Mix into the meat.
- 5Place meat in loaf pan and bake covered with foil for 50 minutes. (At this point, I carefully pour out half of the accumulated grease in the pan; the chorizo is fatty so there will be lots of grease. Also, there was milk added and that moisture will seep out as well). Then take off foil and bake another 20 minutes to crisp up the top.
- 6When you it out for the last time, you will have to pour out half of the grease again. Let sit covered at room temp for about 10-15 minutes before serving.