Chive Cream Cheese Meat Pie
Kids love it because they love meat but you can slip their vegetables in their. At the same time, it's lovely and company always sings praises over it. The store bought crust makes it simple and the cream cheese with the chives in it makes the taste wonderful. The sirloin is a wonderful taste. I especially love this throughout the holidays because it is so easy to prepare. I love it to take to people's homes when they are sick and I love to take it to church potlucks.
All around it can't be beat.
- pillsbury roll out crusts (you will need both crusts)
- 2 lb
- ground sirloin, sauteed in skillet
- 1 pkg
- cream cheese with chives
- large onion, chopped very small
- 1 pkg
- 10 oz chopped broccoli drained well
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pkg
- 10 to 12 oz sharp cheddar cheese
How to Make Chive Cream Cheese Meat Pie
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees. Take a pie plate, preferably glass and put the first crust in pie plate. Saute your ground sirloin along with your onion and salt and pepper to taste. After lightly browning, add the cream cheese and broccoli.Stir until cream cheese melts. Fill pie crust. Top with large 10 to 12 oz. of cheddar cheese and top with other pie crust. Put pie on a cookie sheet in case of spills. Slit top of pie for steam. Bake for 30 minutes to 40 until pie crust is golden brown.
If you want extra pretty crust, you may use egg wash. Brush top with eggwhite and little water and pastry brush before baking.