Chipped Beef on Toast
1 jar(s)hormel dried beef
1 can(s)cream of chicken soup with herbs
1 can(s)cream of celery soup
2 slicegood bread / texas toast
dash(es)black pepper to taste
dash(es)fresh or dried parsley
How to Make Chipped Beef on Toast
- Open jar of beef slices and cut into smaller pieces then rinse well with water to decrease the salty taste.
- Heat the soups and milk on the stove over medium-medium high heat - Do not boil.
- Add meat to soup mixture and cook until heated through. Do not add salt but may use black pepper to taste.
- Serve meat and soup mixture over toast, biscuits or mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with Parsley for color if desired.
- Prepare frozen peas to serve with the meal. I like to put on the side but others like to mix the peas in the gravy.