Chipotle Bourbon Sliders
- 2 lb
- ground meat, can use anything from beef to buffalo, chicken to deer
- 2 tsp
- morton's nature seasoning or salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp
- pureed garlic
- 2 Tbsp
- worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp
- grated onion
- 4 Tbsp
- diced onion
- 1/2 c
- bourbon, i use jim beam devil's cut
- 1 c
- your favorite bbq sauce, i use bullseye
- 1 Tbsp
- canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, seeds removed and crushed with some of the sauce
- slider buns or dinner rolls split, buttered and grilled till toasty brown
How to Make Chipotle Bourbon Sliders
- 1Season your meat with Morton's or salt, pepper, garlic and I grate a bit of fresh onion in there to hide it from the kids. Then add Worcestershire. Shape the meat into 24 equal patties.
- 2Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the patties until done. Remove the patties from the skillet and set aside.
- 3Drain off all but 2 tablespoons of grease, then return the skillet to the stove. Throw the diced onions in the skillet and stir to cook, about 3 minutes. Pour in bourbon off the heat and stir. Allow the bourbon to reduce by half, about 2 to 3 minutes, then stir in chipotles, honey and the barbecue sauce.
- 4Reduce the heat to low and place the patties in the barbecue sauce, turning to coat. Allow the patties to simmer in the sauce until everything's hot and bubbly. Place the patties on individual buns and be sure to spoon extra sauce with the peppers over the top of each one before topping with the other half of the bun.
- 5You can certainly use any whisky or barbecue sauce you prefer. You can also use fresh jalapenos or habaneros but the Chipotles give the sauce a smoky quality. I usually just use 2 peppers and then package the others 2 at a time in freezer bags cause they freeze well.