Chinese Style Beef1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
1 1/4 lbbeef sirloin steak, boneless
1/2 tspground ginger
3 Tbspsoy sauce
1 Tbspvegetable oil
3/4 cquick cooking long grain rice
1 lbbroccoli flowerets, chopped
How to Make Chinese Style Beef
- With a sharp knife, cut the steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ginger, sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Add the meat strips and toss to mix well.
- Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over high heat until hot.
- Add the meat mixture.
- Cook, stirring, over high heat, until the meat loses its redness, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove to a plate.
- Add the water, rice and broccoli to the skillet and heat to boiling.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- Return the meat to the skillet and heat to boiling, stirring often.
- Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring, for 1 minute.