Chinese Style Beef1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
- 1 1/4 lb
- beef sirloin steak, boneless
- 1/2 tsp
- ground ginger
- 1 tsp
- 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce
- 2 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- vegetable oil
- 1 c
- 3/4 c
- quick cooking long grain rice
- 1 lb
- broccoli flowerets, chopped
How to Make Chinese Style Beef
- 1With a sharp knife, cut the steak diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- 2In a medium bowl, mix together the ginger, sugar, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- 3Add the meat strips and toss to mix well.
- 4Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- 5In a 10-inch skillet, heat the oil over high heat until hot.
- 6Add the meat mixture.
- 7Cook, stirring, over high heat, until the meat loses its redness, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 8Remove to a plate.
- 9Add the water, rice and broccoli to the skillet and heat to boiling.
- 10Reduce the heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- 11Return the meat to the skillet and heat to boiling, stirring often.
- 12Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring, for 1 minute.