- thinly sliced flank steak (cut into strips)
- green bell pepper (cut into strips)
- large onion (cut into strips)
- 1/4 c
- apple cider vinegar
- 1 c
- warm water
- 1/4 c
- olive oil
- 1 pkg
- beef gravy
- 1/4 tsp
- ginger root (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp
- 1 Tbsp
- *** substitute for ginger root (pinch of ginger)
How to Make Chinese Pepper Steak
- 1Put into a lg, ziplock bag..Steak. apple cider vinegar salt and pepper THEN add all of the olive oil EXCEPT 2 TABLESPOONS. close bag and shake till liquid mixes and meat is coated.Marinade in refrigerator at least 1 hr.
- 2After meat has set long enough drain off excess marinade. Add remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a wok or skillet. Let oil get hot add ginger stirring about 40 seconds, then add meat.
- 3When meat is browned add peppers and onions. Sir fry for about 3 minutes.
- 4While stirring, sprinkle in Beef gravy mix. After the mix has dissolved add water and stir. Bring to a boil and cover. Cook 5 more minutes. Serve over rice.