★★★★★ 1 vote5
1 1/2 lbtop round steak
2 Tbspvegetable oil
1clove garlic, minced
1 cbeef broth
1 cbell pepper, julienned
1 cthinly sliced celery
1/4 conion, thinly sliced
2medium ripe tomatoes
2 1/2 Tbspcornstarch
1 Tbspsoy sauce
How to Make Chinese Pepper Steak
- Trim all fat from the meat and cut into pencil thin strips.
- In a deep skillet or dutch oven, heat oil, garlic and salt.
- Add the meat and brown over high heat, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally with a fork.
- Add the beef broth.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the meat is fork-tender.
- Stir in the green pepper strips, celery, onions and 1/2 cup cola.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Do not overcook; the vegetables should be crisp-tender.
- Peel the tomatoes; cut into wedges and gently stir into meat mixture.
- Blend cornstarch with 1/4 cup of cola and the soy sauce.
- Stir into the meat mixture until the sauce thickens, about 1 minute, stirring lightly with a fork.
- Serve over hot rice.