Chinese Garlic-Ginger Beef and Tomato
This is one of my favorites. It can be served on rice or noodles. Use more or less ginger to your liking. My family also loves this one.
Over the years I lost track of her I am sad to say. But every time I make this or one of her other recipes I say "thank you Adreinne Hull!"
- 2-3 lb
- chuck steak, cut into thin bite-sized slices
- 8 clove
- garlic, minced (or more to taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp
- powdered ginger
- 1-2 tsp
- olive or vegetable oil
- 1/2 c
- soy sauce, low sodium ok
- 1/2 c
- 3 large
- firm tomatoes, cut into 6-8 wedges each
- 2 medium
- green bell peppers
- 1 large
- onion, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chinese Garlic-Ginger Beef and Tomato
- 1Brown meat (stirring constantly) with garlic and ginger. Don't add any more oil than absolutely necessary. Start with 1-2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil and try not to add more than that.
Add soy sauce and water and cook at a simmer until meat is tender or about 30 minutes.
Add tomato pieces to meat and continue to simmer. Cook for about 10 minutes and then add bell peppers and onion. Cover and remove from heat. Let sit for 15 minutes. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Serve over rice or chow mein noodles.
- 2NOTE: This recipe makes the beef tender and the onion and green pepper crisp and fresh, adding a lot to the dish.