Chinese Beef and Tomatoes1
By Just A Pinch KitchenCrew
☆☆☆☆☆ 0 votes0
2 lbflank steak
3 Tbspsoy sauce
2 Tbspdry sherry
1minced garlic clove
1/2 tspground ginger
5/8 tspblack pepper
1green pepper sliced thin
1beef bouillon cube
3/4 cboiling water
2 Tbspcold water
How to Make Chinese Beef and Tomatoes
- Thinly slice beef on the diagonal (for easy slicing, place meat in the freezer until slightly frozen). Place in a snug-fitting bowl.
- Combine soy sauce, sherry, garlic and black pepper; pour over meat, tossing to coat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate 8 to 10 hours.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat oil.
- Add green pepper and onion then saute for 2 minutes.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in boiling water.
- Add beef and marinate.
- Bring to boiling point.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 8 minutes.
- Blend cornstarch with cold water.
- Stir into mixture in skillet.
- Cook and stir until thickened.
- Cut tomatoes into wedges; add to skillet; stir gently.
- Cover and simmer, just until tomatoes are hot, about 3 minutes.
- Serve hot over rice with scallions, if desired.
- Serves 6 to 8.