Chili Glazed Meatloaf
NOTE - if you double the recipe, make sure you add a bit of time to the overall baking - about 1 hour and 15 minutes should do.
- 1 lb
- ground beef, lean
- 1 c
- panko bread crumbs
- 1/4 c
- milk or buttermilk
- whole egg, slightly beaten
- 1/2 c
- chili sauce (i like heinz)
- 1 Tbsp
- olive oil
- small onion, minced
- 1 or 2
- cloves garlic, minced
- small red or green pepper, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- extra chili sauce for basting on top
How to Make Chili Glazed Meatloaf
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9x9 baking tin with foil. Spray the foil with Pam to prevent sticking.
- 2In a saucepan, heat olive oil to medium. Add onion and pepper. Saute until just soft. Add garlic cloves and sautee an additional minute. Add vegetables to meat mixture
- 3In a large bowl, add beef, panko, milk, egg and chili sauce. Toss in the veggies and salt and pepper to taste. Mix very well, incorporating all ingredients. Shape into a basic loaf and place in pan. Slather additional Chili Sauce over the top of the loaf.
- 4If making a small 1 lb meatloaf, bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour. If doubling the recipe, add another 15 minutes. Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.