Chili For A Crowd
8 lblean ground beef
5 can(s)(15 oz) chili beans (ranch style)
2 largeonions, chopped
2 can(s)(28 oz) tomato sauce
3 1/2 can(s)water (use the tomato sauce can)
6 pkgchili mix (i like 5-alarm chili mix)
·mexican blend shredded cheese
·if you don't want to add beans, replace the beans with 2 more lbs ground beef
How to Make Chili For A Crowd
- In a large skillet, cook the ground beef in batches, over medium heat, until no longer pink.
- Drain each batch and put in a large stock pot.
- Add beans (do not drain) and chopped onion.
- Add chili mixes according to package directions.
- Lower heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes (so flavors can meld).
- Serve with your favorite garnishes.