Chili For A Crowd
I cook with several of my friends sometimes and we occasionally cook for 30 to 40 people at a time. The guys will cook brisket, ribs, steaks, chicken and such; I will do the chili, stews, soups and sides. Its always a good time.
- 8 lb
- lean ground beef
- 5 can(s)
- (15 oz) chili beans (ranch style)
- 2 large
- onions, chopped
- 2 can(s)
- (28 oz) tomato sauce
- 3 1/2 can(s)
- water (use the tomato sauce can)
- 6 pkg
- chili mix (i like 5-alarm chili mix)
- chopped onion
- mexican blend shredded cheese
- sour cream
- if you don't want to add beans, replace the beans with 2 more lbs ground beef
How to Make Chili For A Crowd
- 1In a large skillet, cook the ground beef in batches, over medium heat, until no longer pink.
- 2Drain each batch and put in a large stock pot.
- 3Add beans (do not drain) and chopped onion.
- 4Add chili mixes according to package directions.
- 5Lower heat to medium-low, cover and let simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Remove from heat and let sit for 30 minutes (so flavors can meld).
- 7Serve with your favorite garnishes.
About Chili For A Crowd
You May Also Like:
Show 10 Comments & Reviews